Portuguese is a language.
At the moment, one still among the million of languages that my poor brain doesn't know.
But I'm starting to make Portuguese sounds (they are supposed to be words...) more friendly to my confused ears.
I started a course, just me and the teacher, with a common language in case of emergency: French.
At least I will avoid to become autistic because nearly nobody speaks English, even among PhD.
I thought about this last Tuesday when I made a small talk at INPE (Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais).
What on the Earth did they understand about my thesis and my biomass burning?
I don't want to know, but I'm planning about "showing" my work at the Centre de Jeunes Aveugles (Center of Blind Children) in Toulouse: I'm sure I can "light their fire", as here!
Well Portuguese seems like a mix of Italian, French and Spanish...but you have to count if you want to know the day of the week. Secunda is Monday, Terça is Tuesday, Quarta for Wednesday, Quinta as Thursday, Sexta is Friday and, fortunately, the weekend arrives to reset to zero your five fingers: Sabado and Domingo.
Anyway, I guess that also Brazilian ask themselves: what the hell is she understanding? And sometimes I think the same about me. For example, I decided to attend a course of Yoga: this time I will go through it, no matter what. The problem is I have never done Yoga before (just some sessions). Well, in just four lessons I already developed a good ability to glance at the others, but sometimes no one is doing anything: they are all there, relaxed, breathing slowly, with their eyes closed while the teacher is speaking and speaking and speaking... So I switch on my imagination and I fly away (it's the purpose of Yoga, isn't it? Levitation!). In two years I aim to create a new type of Yoga: the SuNsana.
Ohm
P.S. for flying in Brazil, right now...
http://picasaweb.google.com/susanna.strada/Brazil?authkey=Gv1sRgCJHplYuatPvvOQ#
No comments:
Post a Comment